Background

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Life keeps moving

Chad and I have been in this slump for so long, wondering what we're doing here, feeling a serious lack of progression and questioning all the decisions we've made in the past 6 months. We spent most of Sunday and Monday wrestling with our doubts and praying for direction.


   Chad text me and shared this video with me in the middle of the day. I love what Elder Holland said when he explained that we can't panic, retreat and turn around as soon as we realize that something is not right. I've always thought the obvious answer was to retreat, turn around and escape the wrong road, it's wrong, it's not the comfortable peaceful path that we're always told to find and follow. Why would the Lord lead me to a wrong road?
   Because sometimes the only path to C from A is B. Because sometimes it's an experience we need to have. Because I believe my faith needs to be tested. Through this message I'm realizing that even though it feels uncomfortable, it's still where the Lord lead me.The word regret has been tossed around our house a few time in the last few months and it's bugged me so much. I truly believe in having a life free of regrets. I believe in consulting the Lord in all your decisions  and following prompting to go where He wants you to go and do what He wants you to do. How can I regret following a prompting? I can't, but I know I doubted (for a moment) the validity of that inspiration.
   I know we're not happy where we are and I know that there's a significance to me being here and feeling this way and I'm ready to move forward and get back on a path of progression. Chad and I will talk for hours, mingled with prayers and silence but I always finish by saying, "Well, I'll just keep 'mom'ing and 'wife'ing." Life keeps moving. I know that no matter how out of wack everything seems or how unanswered our prayers seem, I have to keep pushing to be a better mom and a better wife. And I'll add, a better daughter of God. I've never been closer to my Savior and more relient upon my God.

Maybe that's what this is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment