Background

Monday, January 10, 2022

Just so grateful.

We have been so busy lately. The past few months have been fast a furious, we have had so much going on and have been streched much thinner than before in regards to time and money. Grils camp has been HUGE, its taken so much time energy and money and having it all on my shoulders has reminded me of the importance of delegating and simplifying. Hawaii was amazing and i'm still looking at that trip with immense gratitude to God for allowing us to make that family trip happen for us. We had the money we needed to do it comfortably and make memories without stressing. Obviously having Sam and Preston host us made a huge difference and I am always grateful for thier hospitality and love for my family. I am especially grateful that we have such similar priorities when it comes to family gatherings. Everyone travels uniquely to thier families needs and prefrences and I know our families approach things differently but we prioritize togetherness and I am so grateful for that. It's built a lot of love and understanding that has fused our families together tightly. As we have prepared for summer, we made our annual summer bucket list and its made me really reflect on our summers of recent past. I try to make the time away from school packed with opportunities to learn and grow in all the ways that they can't while in school, lots of outtings, lots of hands on expereinces and loads of togetherness. Most of our expereinces in the past were very structured around affordability and convience. but this year it feels like a switch has flipped and we're able to do whatever we dream of. I signed the kids up for sports camps we made plans to leave the state a few time, make crafts, visit frineds, host parties and so much more. The kids did most of the suggesting, but much of thier ideas were patterned after last years list. "Go Garage sale-ing", "Read books every day" "go to the splash pad". all of these absolutle staples in our summer list but this year we were able to add, museums, weekends away, amusement parks, movies, sporting events and other exciting new activities. as we finished our list, i found myself becomeing overwhelmed with gratitude. These activities were still simple, "Lemonade stands", "tyedye Shirts", "Host a late nighter with friends"; but they were all possible when in years before, they weren't. Chad and I have built our way to where we are with the steady hand of God helping us be patient, work hard and support eachother and I just had to call him. I found a quiet room sat on the floor, nearly in tears and called Chad. I told him about the plans we had made for the summer, he said "Yeah that sounds good hun, lets get it in the calender." It was another normal day to him. I said, "I know this is random but I just have to tell you how grateful i am for all of this" I couldnt hold back the tears. We have just been so blessed and we have seen what its like to be checking the account regularly, to struggle with managing bills and expeditures. We have had to miss out on things because the gas money to get there would be to hard on us. We have sold family hierlooms, special gifts from one another and valuable personal items to make ends meet. We have spent hours burning our backs on the asphalt, watching youtube videos, crossing our fingers and jimmy-rigging our family vehicle in hopes it would live another day because it was the only one we had to get Chad to work where he worked 12-14 hour days at a job he hated. I taught lessons for 6 hours some days with two toddlers in our 600sqft manufactured home, turning on the AC when company was coming over but turning it down when they left to save on energy bills. I rememebr feeling left out when my family would go on big trips and we always had to drive them to the airport and stay behind to water the plants. I remember feeling embarrassed, ashamed and frustrated when family would offer to pay for anything, most of the time it was a movie ticket or dinner they had bought everyone and didn't mind if no one paid them back, but if felt like a drop kick to our pride. And we managed, we paid tithing, we saw miracles that we learned to be grateful. We grew together as a couple in our priorities. We prioritied me being home to nurture and grow with our children and we created opportunities out of that decision. We learned to manage both our money and our bills together as a team. I'm just so grateful. THats all there is to it. I want it on he record that i see God, i see Him blessing my family,answering my prayers and showing me the prefect nature of agency as i trust him in our choices and watch what happens when we follow his plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment