Background

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

18 months?

How did that happen? He's 1/2 through his 2nd year and I have no idea where the first 1/2 went! Liam is vivacious, fearless, spunky and a tad volatile. No matter where he's going he is running and no matter what he's eating, it goes in his mouth in one bite. He loves giving kisses and hugs and making faces for a good laugh.

Some of Liams favorite things...
Irrigation
Lily(the bunny)
Playing with cousins
Eating avocados
When dad comes home from work
Eating snacks at church
Covering himself in dirt
Swimming at Grandmas
Daniel Tigers Neighborhood
Shaking his booty
Giving us his grumpy face (to make us laugh)
Waving at strangers

Some of our favorite things...
How Liam holds his heart with both hands every time he gets scared
the way he eats broccoli like it was going out of style
That he lets me kiss all his booboos
Every time he hits his head he laughs and says "bonkybonks"
The way he folds his arms during each prayer and patiently waits till its through
When he sees a bug, fire, something we've talked about being dangerous, he holds both hands out firmly in front of him and says "don't touch"
His love for animals, he gets so excited whenever he sees a dog, cat, bunny, etc.
The way he eats corn on the cob (holding the cob like a baseball bat and shaking his head as he goes in for the kill)
How excited he gets about brushing his teeth
When he says Hi and bye (just whenever we hear his cute little voice saying real words)

   I could go on and on. We just eat him up. He is really developing a lot of independence, its awesome but really inconvenient at times, like, he HAS to hold the whole blueberry carton when we're eating blueberries and he has to put the cap back on my water and he has to be the one that gets the bunny out of the cage. He just wants to show me how capable he is I guess. But along with his independence has come a sense of urgency and impatience that doesn't suit him (or me) at all. He's started yelling more for what he wants and wanting it immediately so we've been working on saying please and waiting (most of our efforts seem to be in vain) but right now I'm just trying to be consistent and remind him that mommy can only boil water for his mac-n-cheese so fast. Every time I take him shopping, he looses it, sometimes full on fits of rage and screams that I haven't quite figured out how to stop. He gets that from Chad, (Chads fits are just a little more tame but also induced by shopping). But that's got to stop, both of them! Liam hasn't figured out that we can't eat the food right off the shelf, we have to buy it first. He'll catch on.
  Liam went into nursery a little early because Chad and I both have 2nd and 3rd hour callings but we're so excited for his awesome nursery leaders to officially welcome him in this week. I have a little bit of down time between opening excersizes and singing time so I go out and check on him through the window of the nursery and he could care less that I'm not there , he's too busy catching bubbles, eating snacks and playing with toys. All the while I'm trying not to cry in the hall because the last 8 moths or so I'd been praying for the day to come that I could attend church and see more than the halls and now I'm itching to get into the halls so I can watch my sweet little boy play and learn in nursery.
 We've been working on raising our hands and folding our arms to be reverent in nursery! Nailed it.


    Our last Dr. Apt. was anything but routine so I'm really hoping that this one goes better. I'm just so grateful that check-ups get less frequent with age. Liams learning fast and faster, absorbing everything and pushing all the limits with mom and dad. I can feel those "Two year old" tendencies coming on but I couldn't call it the "Terrible twos"...at least not yet...but then again, I still have 6 months so I'll let know how things go. For now, he's adorable and just learning a lot.
We went to the Mesa Temple for family night last week and we all had such a wonderful time! We talk about Jesus every day with Liam, through prayers, books, pictures around the house and such, but I was still a little surprise when we turned the corner to see the sculpture of Christ and Liam lit up and yelled "Jejus!" He ran to His feet, and ran in place with excitement, while looking back at us, as if to ask us to come and yell "Jejus" with him! I know it's cheesy but there is something so symbolic and humbling about seeing your son literally run to the Saviors feet. I just can't wait to run with him someday in Heaven when we see Him again.


We loved going through the Plan of Happiness presentation was my favorite. It's always been, but watching Liam at the edge of his seat the whole time was exciting, he loved every minute and said every word he knew that related to what as being said, "guma, gumpa, mama, dad, beebee, etc.". I hope my love for the Family proclamation is passed on to him.
Love you little man, please keep growing in rightousness and keep me on my toes like you have the last few months, it's good for me!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment