Background

Friday, February 12, 2016

Here comes the sun and I say...it's alright!

I am so overwhelmed with gratitude today. 

   My morning started with a twinge of bitterness as I saw that we were forecast to have a high of 88 degrees. No spring in AZ, just semi-chilly and burning hot. I started researching affordable AC repairs for our Explorer... a task I was hoping I would have a few more weeks to do but it's become a necessity already. I'm dreading the summer, dreading the heat and very bitter about the lack of spring-like weather to enjoy.

   Things quickly started looking up when I got a text from Chad saying he had received some incredible new from work and wanted to tell me in person. Luckily, his work has him working at the Mesa office this week instead of his usual 1 hour and 10 minute commute to Phoenix, so we decided to meet for lunch. After a long morning with a cranky and surprisingly defiant little Liam, I was ready for some co-parenting and good news. When we met up, Chad was beaming, similar to the look he had when he nailed the interview with Wood/Patel. We ordered our food and sat down, Chad started explaining his giddiness in detail. His direct superior who works in the Phoenix office had made a trip to the Mesa office to have a talk with him. He sat him in a conference room and showed him reviews that he had collected from everyone that had worked with Chad in the company and overseen his work for the past 10 months. All of them were exceptional reviews and very complimentary. He thanked Chad for his dedication and ambition, as he's often staying late, working on projects voluntarily and improving as an EIT, consistently and quickly. He told Chad that he would like to have him start training others in the next month and have a EIT to supervise, He told him he could be transferred permanently to the Mesa office where he would no longer be in a cubical, but have his own office, right next to the companies CEOs office. They told him that they heard him request to work with client relations at his 6 month review and would like to have him prepare for a position where he could head that up in the Mesa office and a bonus as well as a raise would come with all of these changes.

    I'm sitting next to Chad in a run down old Mexican food shop, hearing all this good news, crying. Like a baby, just crying. I couldn't believe my ears! I felt so much validation, a feeling I was not expecting but very humbled by. I felt grateful for my hard-working husband who whines a whole lot less than me and works long, hard hours to pay our dues and get us where we want to be, But most importantly, I felt so happy for Chad. He is so deserving and his expressions and stress-free demeanor throughout the whole conversation were refreshing. I could tell he was soaking up all the goodness of the moment. He truly earned this....we did, and it feels so good to be seeing progress and affirmation... FINALLY! I felt the warmth of the day and honestly, embraced it.

    I was a little embarrassed to be getting emotional in such a random public setting, but this past year's been a serious challenge and we've done our best to see the Lords design in our lives but it's taken a lot of leaps of faith with few clear returns. This was a needed return and its clarity and timing were honestly so personal. My heart's so full.

I read this quote just yesterday and it immediately popped into my head as we discussed these new changes. I know I read it and was reminded of the promptings we followed in coming here for a reason. I may hate the heat and the AZ summers but I know we're here for a reason. I knew it then and I know it now.


Here comes the sun and I say...it's alright!

 


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:16 PM

    WHHHAAATTT?! What good news! I can't think of any couple more deserving! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete