Background

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

3rd Trimester and Time outs

Liam, Chad and I have really grow fond of my rather large belly. Liam likes to rest on it, use it as a toy display and see how many he can fit on it or "share snacks with brother" and line up his goldfish across my stomach. Chad likes to make funny comments on its size and inconvenience to me, that most often, make me laugh when I want to cry out of discomfort. As for me, I love the hours of 9:30pm-11pm when the little guy residing in this large belly is most active.
   Last night ( like most nights) I pleaded with Chad to try and feel him kick for the millionth time. For some reason he gets very shy whenever Chads hand comes around. (Chad claims that it's his authoritative presence that makes every living being submit to him....he's so humble). I had all but given up, but I begged Chad one last time to 'try harder" to feel the baby (I don't know how he would do that but I wanted more effort on his part). So he did, he was a little more patient and even talked to the massive bump, "Hey buddy" he would say, as he rubbed my belly in a circle. And....BAM! Huge kick to the center of his palm! Chad almost jumped back! So he repeated the call, "Hey buddy", circular rub, BAM! Another huge kick! We continued this 8-10 more times with the same awesome result, and laughing harder with each "coincidence". Maybe he likes us too!
   I had my glucose test today, man that drink is unpleasant but I have to say I;m so grateful i stuck to my gut feelings and went with Dr. Huish. Every time I go in there, i learn more and have a great experience. I know little man is healthy and happy. He's measuring a little ahead of schedule but so was Liam and he came a week late with induction and less then 8 pounds so lets all just say it, I'm a little fatter than I should be. (That's another reason why I love my doctor, he makes it sound like my uterus is creating life ahead of schedule when really I'm eating too many tacos.) Dr. Huish also prescribed me some antibiotics for this stubborn respiratory infection I've been dealing fro over a month now. I'm going to try a few other things first but it blows my mind that in the 10 minutes we talked today I was given more options and advice than the 3 hours I spent at the little clinic last week, who gave me common sense suggestions and no relief from my symptoms since. Lesson learned I guess.
   Matix is healthy, I'm getting there, our family's finally getting our immune systems rebuilt and life is good!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liam had a rough week this week, there was a lot of whining and more fit throwing then I was willing to put up with. Needless to say, we spent a lot of time in his room, talking about why we were in time out. Sometimes Most of the time, it felt futile and frustrating. but I decided to be consistent with whatever I try, that way, it would be easy to pin point what disciplinary actions I would need to change if it wasn't working. I even made notes of what I was doing in each circumstance so that Chad and I could be on the same page and treat each situation with consistency and predictability for Liams sake. Day 6 of countless timeouts and pulled snack privileges and I was ready to throw in the towel and try something else but then something clicked. I went into Liams room to get him out of time out, I asked him ...
K: :Liam, where are you?"
L: "I'm in time out."
K: "Why are you in time out"
L: "I hit my baba outta mamas hand" (awesome, one of the first times he could really remember by himself why he was in time-out)
K: "Was that a good choice or a bad choice?"
L; "It's a bad choice, I feel bad"

My eyes about popped out of my head with excitement! He corresponded a feeling with an action!

K: "Can we make better choices and get out of time out?"
L; "Yes mama, Ina get out now!"

He apologized and we gave hugs and kisses as we always do after every time out, but I told him it makes me happy when we talk about choosing the right and he responded, 'Yeah mama, dat makes you happy!"

Liam is learning a lot about actions and consequences and there will be many time outs and tears along the way but I'm so grateful for his perceptive nature and ambitious desires to make others happy. Also, super grateful he's flexible and loving with me, I'm learning too.

Liam phrases of the week:
"Here you go, (hands me a toy) its for you, I hope you like it!"
"I eat my food so good so I'm a super hero." (solid logic)
"Mama, I havea talka you! "(I respond and ask what he wants to talk about) "Because, i havea tell you someting!"
"I see something!" (he'll whisper this as he points at shadows)
"Dat makes me sad, what are we going to do about it?
"I wish dada was here!"
I was putting Liams pants on and they were getting a little tight so I said "Man Liam, your belly's getting big!" he looked at it and said "I think I have a baby in there!"

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're going to Huish! Isn't he cute? I think he's a good looking dr. and I love that we're having baby boy cousins together! and yes, large bellies that are measuring weeks ahead are the best. haha. Mine is full of choclate malts, wintergreen ifesavers and thin mints!...but yea, a baby that's measuring ahead...let's just say that. I'm actually contracting prety insanley as I type this. It's taken me a good 10 minutes just to write this. I think I'll go for a walk now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have that baby! I wish i was contracting...no i just hope I contract at all without Petocin this time! Dr. Huish is so nice and very invested in his work so I happily make the drive...I don't think I'd call him cute, unless we're talking grandpa cute but that's because my last Dr. was "TV worthy" as my mom would put it. SO any names for babe yet???

      Delete
  2. I had to have Pit with Jaden, but not with the last 4. The first one is always the longest/least progressive. You'll do great! Yea, I think he's just got a good doctor face. I don't want anyone hot being my vag dr. Names....lots...Truman, Guy, Rockwell, Maxon, Finn, etc....

    ReplyDelete