Background

Thursday, August 06, 2020

Hatch Family Reunion 2020



We had an unforgettable time at the Hatch family reunion this year. I will always be grateful and honored to be apart of the hatch family.


My grandparents have created a network of love and acceptance that would make any other person envious of the ties and bonds we've built and the support unit we are to each other. We are not your typical family...we are high functioning and passionately perseverant. It takes a lot of love and work to gather regularly, to create intentional traditions and lasting memories that staple the seams of our even longer lasting friendships.
  I have 20 cousins, ranging from 33 years old to 3 years old so my connection to each one is different but i am connected lovingly to each.








                                               My amazing mother and incredible Aunts
 Shayna was THE only one missing ! She got to skype with us on P-Day and see everyone!















   We had to miss the last Hatch family reunion in Lake powell because Chad was graduating and we couldn't break away from school during finals but I feel like we got caught up this year. We played cards, had meaningful conversations and all 52 of us were able to partake of the sacrament together on Sunday in the comfort of our vacation cabin. My grandpa lead us in prayer and each one of his kids offered a testimony  after we took the sacrament. There was so much love and appreciation in their words, I felt like we all belong to each other.
   That's not to say that the entire weekend was sunshine and lollipops. i think even the closest of families has issues and 8 days on non-stop contact, in the most stressful year of our life time brought a few bumps along the way but everyone offered grace and recognized that words wash away but actions are concrete evidence of our inner desires and what it comes down to is every person, every daughter, husband, mother, father, kid and grandkid made those choice to be there and that stability and commitment make me proud to be a Hatch girl.

We had a real good time!
We went sliding and rope coursing, hiking, and swimming. We raced on wave runners, went on adventures to glacial lakes, kicked each others butts in horse shoes and pickleball and rode electric bikes all around town. we Watched the moon rise over bear lake and drank a raspberry milkshake a day!













Chad and I and the boys broke away from everyone for a day and made a trip up north to Rexburg. The drive from bear lake through Paris, Inkom and on up was breathtaking and made us wish we lived somewhere green and beautiful again. it rained, we watched the rolling green fields dance as the water beat it softly and we watch the sun peak through the clouds that were practically touchable a they enveloped the sun-kissed mountains. The boys slept the whole way so chad and I just enjoyed the view in silence and looked at each other when we couldn't bear the beauty and had to point  out the window and share what we were seeing. I never want to forget it. As we got closer to Rexburg, memorylane-talk commenced and all the "remember when's" were in full swing. We hit all our favorite spots...
our old apartments, Cambridge Court and the Villages
the Taco bus for lunch! (side story! we were eating in the bus a a girl came in, looking like she was in a hurry and she only had a card. when they told her it was cash only, she turned around to leave so i told her I'd be happy to give her a $20 if she just wanted to Venmo me? She looked relieved and when she pulled up my Venmo she saw my Sealed with Sugar logo. "Wait, you're Sealed with Sugar? I LOVE your cookies! I thought you lived in Arizona?!" I explained that i was here on vacation then we laughed at the fact that I called Rexburg a place to vacation. but GUYS a RANDOM girl in the Taco bus in Rexburg knows about my cookies!!!! I'm famous.)
G Dairy
Walmart (because ya know, we needed diapers)
Campus (just our favorite buildings)
Hemming Village (which is totally different and MUCH nicer)
Porter Park
The Temple
Madison Memorial
1st St (where we would always go to the farmers markets in the summer)
and of course KariAnnes

We finished the evening in Rigby with Guy Rinderkineckt and his beautiful family who made us fresh burgers and Idaho potato fresh fries...all from their own livestock and farm. The boys helped  Guy with chores and I helped Billy cut and fry the potatoes. When you find good-hearted people, you hold on to them and this family is just full of goodness.

Back at the family cabin, we played cards as often as possible and watched the kids run from one end of the cabin to the other. This cabin was next-level. there was an indoor playground for our rainy days, a home theater room. game room with foosball and air-hockey, a kitchen table that fit everyone for cards, a living room with a fill wall-sized window with a perfect view of bear lake, a massive patio for hot-tubbing and moose sighting. there was an outdoor playground for the kids, basketball court, pickleball court and horse shoe championship area (its like it was made for grandpa). plus there was 10 bedrooms that fit our massive crew so comfortably! We were a little smushed all being in one room but it was priceless having all the kids able to play all day together in the same place.

 Easton with his great grandpa



 Watching the moon rise with a couple of my favorite couples near bear lake



I'm so grateful for these people. I felt so much love from member of this family that could have easily dismissed me and my little people or found others to talk with but instead, went out of there way to get to know us better and love us. I know how much work and thought goes into these huge family gatherings and I'm just so happy to get to enjoy these priceless experiences with such wonderful, kind and loving people.


No comments:

Post a Comment